The planning and zoning code governing Chapman Woods may be found on Los Angeles County’s website, http://planning.lacounty.gov/enforcement, under Title 22, Chapter 22.44.135 for the East Pasadena – San Gabriel Community Standards District.
The Chapman Woods Association Board supports the LA County Planning Commission’s enforcement of this code. Whenever a variance from code is requested, the Commission sends a notification to the Association’s PO box.
Questions about zoning violations can be answered by the Los Angeles County Zoning Enforcement Department. They can be reached at (213) 974-6453, between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.
If you would like to report a zoning violation directly to Los Angeles County, please send a signed letter, including the following information:
- Identify the specific complaint or nuisance
- Give your name, address, and telephone number.
(This information is just for us and is kept confidential.)
- Give the exact location of the problem
- Street address and house number. If there is no address, give a location of the property.
(i.e. Northwest corner of First and Main streets)
- Provide additional information that will aid in the investigationEXAMPLES:
- Vehicle license number, type, color, make, and identifying marks (e.g. Left door missing, etc.)
- Type of debris: car parts; building material; garbage
- Selling clothes, bags, furniture, paintings, flowers, etc.